Carson City area events for Sunday August 4th | News from Carson City, Nevada
Have a nice day Carson City. It is Sunday August 4, 2019. We envision continued sunshine and warm temperatures with daytime highs in the 90s. Today’s events include fitness and art gatherings, music and shows. guest speakers at Dangberg Historic Park and Mormon Station State Historic Park in Carson Valley, train rides and more. Hug your kids and enjoy the day.
Do you have an event or event that you would like people to know about? Tell us about it by clicking here, filling out the details and we’ll let readers in the Carson City area know about your event or event. Can’t see your event you want to promote? You can also submit the relevant information, also known as “5W and how” to [email protected] We will update this schedule as we submit submissions.
Here’s what’s happening today:
sunday 4 august
– Sunday bike ride with a muscle motor. 8:00 am Fremont Elementary School, 1511 Firebox Rd. Join Muscle Powered for a free guided group walk, hike or ride to enjoy Nevada in the great outdoors around Carson City! Muscle Powered is a local non-profit organization that promotes walking, hiking, biking and trail building. A calendar of all upcoming activities and events is available at www.musclepowered.org/calendar.
– Outdoor art: Paint-A-Park. 9 am to 11 am at Carson River Park, 5013 Carson River Rd. Calling all creative adventurers! Join the Parks, Recreation and Open Space department at our second annual Paint-A-Park, the first event of 2019 in the new series of “Art Outside” interpretive programs. This year we’ll be setting up our mini easels in Carson River Park and learning about the beauty of the outdoors under a gallery of poplars. The registration will reserve you an easel, a canvas and a brush. We’ll have some acrylic paint to share, but feel free to bring your own supplies. Make sure you wear closed-toe shoes and bring plenty of water and sun protection.
– Canyon White at the Canvas Café. 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Canyon White is at Canvas Cafe every Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to noon, so come and start your day off right with a delicious breakfast and Canyon White!
– Guest speakers and Mo’z Motley Blues at Dangberg Historical Park. 10:00 a.m. at 1450 State Route Hwy 88 in Minden. The month of August begins with a presentation on “The Great State Embezzlement”, Mo’z Motley Blues in concert and a presentation on “The History of Baseball in Nevada” at Dangberg Home Ranch Historic Park. On Sunday, August 4 at 10 a.m., Glen Whorton, president of the Nevada State Prison Preservation Society, returns to the park to talk about this year’s theme “The Great State Hijacking.” This is a free event for everyone.
– Train to Virginia City from Carson City. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 4650 Eastgate Siding Road. Prices for the ride range from $ 25 to $ 55. Rediscover Nevada’s rich mining and milling history on the V&T Carson City-Virginia City route as you travel through tunnels, canyons and mining towns aboard a restored 1914 Pullman wagon driven by a high-speed locomotive. Baldwin Steam 2-8-0 from 1916. This relaxing day trip by train is fully narrated with historical facts and anecdotes. Departing from Carson City’s Eastgate depot, the 24-mile round-trip tour includes a fun 3.5-hour layover in historic Virginia City, where you can stroll the boardwalks and explore restaurants, shops, saloons, museums, mines and more. Please be at the depot 1/2 hour before departure. Tickets are available online or by calling 877-724-5007 or 775-291-0208.
– Conference on artifacts at Mormon Station Park. 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Many of the artifacts in the Mormon Station collection were very important items to the people of the Carson Valley area over 100 years ago. New inventions have made some of these items obsolete, while others are simply not a part of many people’s daily lives. As a result, sometimes the purpose behind the artifacts is not obvious to us. Join the park staff for a talk that will showcase some artifacts from the park’s collection and discuss their purpose.
– Train rides in Mills Park. 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Carson City Railroad Association (CCRA) maintains and operates the only Narrow Gauge Railroad and Model Railroad Club in Carson City. The narrow gauge railway is approximately 1.5 miles long and passes through Mills Park, lasting approximately 10 minutes. The two indoor model railroads are an HO and N gauge railroad, located in the CCRA station at the eastern end of the park. Train rides cost $ 2 per passenger and are free for children under 2.
– Junior Ranger activity at Mormon Station Park. 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. Children ages 7 to 12 are invited to join the park wardens for a fun program consisting of educational activities and short walks. At the end of the program, participants will receive their very own Nevada State Parks Junior Ranger badge!
– The Little Mermaid, Jr. from Youth Theater Carson City 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Bob Boldrick Theater. The Youth Theater Carson City will present its production of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid, Jr”. starting this Friday and running weekends through August 4, 2019 at the Bob Boldrick Theater in the Carson City Community Center. From classic literature to Oscar-winning film and Broadway musical, Ariel’s Underwater Voyage is a beautiful love story for all ages. In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home – and her fins – behind and live in the world above.
– Martina McBride in concert at TJ’s Corral. The concert starts at 8 p.m. Martina McBride has joined the 2019 concert lineup at TJ’s Corral! She will perform on Sunday August 4. Martina is a multiple Grammy nominated country icon whose unmistakable voice has kept her at the top of the charts with six No.1 hits and twenty top 10 singles. Selling over 18 million albums to date, McBride has obtained fourteen Gold, nine Platinum, three Double Platinum and two Triple Platinum certifications. McBride has received more than 15 major music awards, including four Country Music Association awards and three Academy of Country Music Awards for female singer of the year.